- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Coady Photography
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
OPELOUSAS LA—OCTOBER 20, 2020—Ten Louisiana-bred sprinters, topped by early favorite Jet Black Design, are entered in Saturday’s 330-yard, $30,000 Billy Montgomery Stakes (R) at Evangeline Downs.
A 4-year-old son of Jet Black Patriot owned and trained by Ned Goutierrez III, Jet Black Design made his season debut with a nose victory in a 350-yard, $29,000 non-winners-of-three allowance dash at Delta Downs on August 13. The black gelding drew post 9 and will be ridden by Antonio Alberto.
The Billy Montgomery Stakes is restricted to Louisiana-breds who have not won a stakes race. The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments:
- Heza Bell Perry Jr (Mario A. Trujillo)
- Five Bar Jewel (Everardo Rodriguez)
- No Politics Here (Noe Castaneda)
- RF Fast Dash N Blue (Gilbert Ortiz)
- TF Toast To Whiskey (David Alvarez)
- No Freight (J.R. Ramirez)
- Prize Dasher (Rolando Pina)
- High And Caliente (Heriberto Aguilar-Orozco)
- Jet Black Design (Antonio Alberto)
- One Fast Perry (Leonardo Rodriguez)
All Evangeline Downs races can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.